Our cancellation policy is clear and simple, we explain it to you below.

All cancellations must be notified to Santiago Ways by email indicating the reservation number: bookings@santiagoways.com

With Basic Cancellation Insurance:

Santiago Ways recommends contracting a Cancellation Insurance at the time of making the reservation.

We offer a Cancellation Insurance that covers cancellation expenses for different reasons, mainly medical, family or work reasons. You can check the main insurance coverage here.

  • Cancellations made more than 30 days before the start date of the Camino: 100% of the total amount* of the reservation will be refundable.
  • Cancellations made less than 30 days before the start date of the Camino: 80% of the total amount* of the reservation will be refundable.

*The total amount of the booking is the sum of the initial 20% deposit needed to confirm the booking and the remaining 80%.

All cancellations must be notified at least 48 hours before the start of the trip.

Additionally, the amount to be reimbursed will be deducted, the cost of the Cancellation Insurance and the cost of the Travel Assistance Insurance in case it has been hired.

Santiago Ways will reimburse the client for the entire total price when he is forced to cancel any of the services. However, Santiago Ways will not have the obligation to do so when it is due to reasons of major cause: alien to those who invoke it, abnormal, inevitable consequences, etc.

Note: Any request for cancellation received after 20:00 on Friday will be understood as received the next business day. In addition, cancellations received by email will not be effective until the next business day, according to the calendar of holidays in Spain.

With Full Cancellation Insurance:

Santiago Ways recommends contracting a Cancellation Insurance at the time of making the reservation.

We offer a Cancellation Insurance that covers cancellation expenses for different reasons, mainly medical, family or work reasons. You can check the main insurance coverage here.

  • Cancellations made more than 7 days before the start date of the Camino: 100% of the total amount* of the reservation will be refundable.
  • Cancellations made less than 7 days before the start date of the Camino: 80% of the total amount* of the reservation will be refundable.

*The total amount of the booking is the sum of the initial 20% deposit needed to confirm the booking and the remaining 80%.

All cancellations must be notified at least 48 hours before the start of the trip.

Additionally, the amount to be reimbursed will be deducted, the cost of the Cancellation Insurance and the cost of the Travel Assistance Insurance in case it has been hired.

Santiago Ways will reimburse the client for the entire total price when he is forced to cancel any of the services. However, Santiago Ways will not have the obligation to do so when it is due to reasons of major cause: alien to those who invoke it, abnormal, inevitable consequences, etc.

Note: Any request for cancellation received after 20:00 on Friday will be understood as received the next business day. In addition, cancellations received by email will not be effective until the next business day, according to the calendar of holidays in Spain.

Without Cancellation Insurance:

The user may desist from the services requested at any time, taking into account the following points:

  • Cancellations made at least 30 days before the start date of the Camino: 80% of the total amount* of the reservation will be refundable..
  • Cancellations made between 30 and 15 days before the start date: 50% of the total amount* will be refunded. 
  • Cancellations made less than 15 days before the start date: 0% of the total amount* will be refunded.

*The total amount of the booking is the sum of the initial 20% deposit needed to confirm the booking and the remaining 80%.

All cancellations must be notified at least 48 hours before the start of the trip.

Additionally, the cost of Travel Assistance Insurance will be deducted from the amount to be reimbursed in case it has been hired.

These conditions are maintained for personal or any other reasons.

Santiago Ways recommends contracting a Cancellation Insurance at the time of making the reservation.

Booking modification: 

Any change made to a reservation (including any change of name, number of people, type of pension, type of room, additional nights requested or withdrawn, among others) must be communicated by email: bookings@santiagoways.com and will be subject to charges corresponding for the modification:

  • A management fee of 60€ per person and change will apply.
  • The consumer will be responsible for any additional expenses that may occur as a result of the requested changes.

Any change made to the dates of a reservation:

  • A management fee of 100€ per person and change will apply.

The aforementioned changes must be communicated at least 7 days before the start date of the Camino, otherwise, additional costs may occur as a result of the requested changes.